I had an amazing weekend. Things are going much better for me & I’m not feeling as homesick. I went to Sacramento on Friday to hang out w/ Aaronica and then headed to the bay area to stay with Kate and Keely, two of my amazing Italy roomies.
Sacramento…we went to Hard Rock for dinner and drinks and walked around a little before going in to watch 17 Again. Zac Ephron is way cute. Not as good as my Shia, but he’s pretty hot and definitely not 17, haha. Anyways, we went back to her house and watched Twilight afterwards. Speaking of hot guys in movies…I didn’t think that guy was hot at all until I watched the movie. Now I’ve changed my mind! Sheesh.
The next morning I headed over to Lafayette to see Kate and Keely. I stayed w/ Keely who is living w/ her parents while she goes to grad school. Keely, Leila (her sis), and I went in to Berkley to walk around. Berkley is a very cute place, btw. It’s pretty cool because if you’re in San Fran, Berkley, or Oakland, you can see the skylines of the other two cities, so they’re all pretty close. We didn’t make it into San Fran while I was there, but hopefully in the near future we can make it into the city to watch a play at the Orpheum! Way exciting. Wicked is currently playing and I realllly want to go. Better save up my pennies! No joke, it’s expensive. Back to my story…we went to several fun stores and had really good pizza at a little hole in the wall place and went into this little tea store where they gave us a free tea tasting (no joke, just like wine!) and the guy was way hot and we tried an oolong tea (idk what that means but it was good) that was $40 for 2 ounces or something ridiculous. Good times :o) Some of the teas were as much as $100 for two ounces. That’s just crazy talk! It was very interesting though. Hot tea man…or Teamaster as we named him, told us a lot about all sorts of teas.
That night I went to dinner w/ Kate, Keely, and both of their families which was very nice. We talked about Italy and what we’re doing now and it was really good to catch up. I’d met Kate’s parents before and both of their families were great. It’s kind of like having two families away from home :o) Later that night Kate, Keely and I went out to a little place called Havana and had pitchers of mojitos w/ some of Kate’s friends. Regular mojitos, good. Raspberry mojitos, not so much. Pitchers...could ver quickly become a dangerous thing. Just fyi :o) Then Kate and her friends went on to a place called Tiki Tom’s to go dancing and Keely and I called her sis to come pick us up. I was very tired and it was a really good night. It was nice to go out with friends because it’s been a while :o)
The next day Keely and I went to a reservoir in Lafayette that was so pretty and we walked the trail all the way around. We got home and their neighbors had just gotten a new puppy! Black lab and rotweiler mix. So cute! We played with him for a while and then I came back home. It was way nice to spend time w/ friends and to relax for a weekend.
The start of this week has been great because of it. I feel more at home now. One, I think because I’ve seen how close Kate and Keely and their families are and that’s nice. Two, I think because I went away and came back to Modesto so it’s starting to actually feel like home. It’s the most familiar place here and my house is starting to feel like home.
One last piece of update, I went to a young women’s small group at church last night for the first time. I was very nervous but it ended up being soooo good. It was the first ever meeting of the group (which I didn’t know) so that was nice. There were only four of us but I guess they all know of others that are planning on coming but just couldn’t make it yesterday. One of the girls was on American Idol the season Jordan Sparks was on and was actually in her group of three when they were in Hollywood! Crazy cool. I asked her to bring in the tape because I def want to see that! So cool. Anyways, the girls were nice and one of the things they talked about was making sure we become friends in the group and that it’s not just a group that comes together once a week and ends at that. They were talking about plans for the summer and inviting me to things already so I’m super SUPER relieved and excited.
That's all for now! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment