Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I really aim for my blogs to be fun like Kimberlea's. Mayhaps someday I'll get there...

So I know I’m verrrrry bad at regularly updating this. My apologies. I’ll probably never get better to tell you the truth :o) Can you use mayhaps like that? Kate, correct usage?

So briefly reviewing what I’ve done these past few weeks…I had a build-a-thon in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. There were several hundred Americorp members, all of which are serving this year w/ a Habitat somewhere in the US. We built 20 houses in a week. They broke us into teams and each team was in charge of one house. I had a blast. It was definitely hard work but an amazing experience. Kurt Warner was there so that was kinda cool. It was semi boring most evenings but I went out the last night w/ a big group and it was super SUPER fun. Some of you may or may not have received special messages that night :o) The following week (my birthday week) was spent in San Francisco for a National Conference on Volunteerism. Special guests at that…Michelle Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger, his wife Maria Shriver, Bon Jovi, Nancy Polosy (sp?). It was just pretty cool. They were all surprises too so that was exciting. We went to China town, I got a tour from my roommate (who’s lived near san fran her whole life). I had a pretty good birthday. But it wasn’t quite the same w/out all you guys.

Last week we dedicated 4 homes in the 20 home subdivision we’re working on here in Modesto called Hope Village. It was super amazing. While I was out of the office those two weeks, we found out we needed to dedicate 5 homes (yeah, whoops) by July 1st. So we’ve been going like CRAZY to get them finished. The families that got the houses are all such great people and are the first of our partner families that I really know well and I consider them friends so it was really a very cool thing to be there for their dedications.

In other news, my car’s in the shop still. It’s going on two weeks here. I’m a little frustrated that it’s taking them so long. Stupid California and its business.

I’m just getting more and more anxious to go home. I loved last summer. I had a blast and I just keep wishing I was there this summer. I will be there next summer. Unless by some glitch in the matrix I fall madly in love from now until April, hahaHA. :o) Who knows where my life is going. I sure don’t. I do love the bay area, but idk if I could ever afford to live there or if I could, if I could justify the high cost when I know most other places aren't that much. The other day someone asked me what I want to do after this year is up and I said go back to Idaho. They acted surprised and I said I'm definitely an Idaho girl. They acted even more surprised and I said, well maybe not exclusively Idaho, but not a California girl. They laughed. But it's true, haha. California is extravagent. Big generalization, but it's what I've found so far. I would still love an opportunity to go overseas, but I need some Idaho time first. Maybe even a job in Boise that takes me overseas frequently. Does that sort of job exist? How perfect would that be?

Today’s California word… Hecka. Like Hella, but PG. EVERYONE uses it. Even if you swear your ass off, you say hecka...not hella. Just fyi. Use it. Spread it like wild fire. Thank you never been kissed :o)
Much love.

2 comments:

  1. What's the word they try to spread like wild fire in never been kissed? I keep thinking 'fetch' but that's mean girls, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ZERO patience. I already googled it. Conan will be totally rufus. I can't wait! (This is an obvious one, but I feel it is my duty to train you in the ways of blogging... Conan is a must blog event).

    ReplyDelete