Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hey it's a Zonkey!

This weekend was a very good at home in Modesto weekend. My friend Alyssa is a Nanny and the boys she babysits hang w/ their mom until just before bed on Fridays, so I was over watching movies w/ her and then they got home. The 8 yr old and I developed a fab game in which one of us would bounce a bouncy ball and the other would shoot it w/ a nerf gun. My idea, thank you very much ;-) He was successful on many occassions. I, however, did not hit it once. I did get close several times, though, in my defense. Movies Alyssa and I watched...My Life in Ruins and An Old Fashion Thanksgiving. Fab. The first...very cheesy but funny. The second, just very good. Very hot guy :-) Very little women-ish.

Saturday, however is the event worth blogging. Marissa, Shivan, and I went to the Dellosso Family Farm Pumpkin Patch! Which is basically a Fall Fair. It was great. They had a corn maze, a haunted corn maze, a zip line, pony rides, a hay ride, fair food (fall style), a petting zoo and...PUMPKIN SHOOTING! As well as pumpkin patches where you could go find pumpkins to take home, obviously :-)

I would first like to tell you about the petting zoo. It was only a dollar and it was so fun. They had a section where all of these animals were all in together and you could walk around w/ them. Marissa was pretty convinced it had to be an illegal situation. She very well may have been right. There were sheep, goats, pigs, chickens...I think that's it. But there were A TON. Along with a ton of people. The little piggys (they were piglets, not full grown) were super pumped up and basically playing some form of tag with one another. It was a tad scary cuz they were somewhat oblivious of everyone else in the cage. Both Marissa and I got our sandle-clad feet stepped on by them. There was this baby goat that tried to head-butt my leg but I side-stepped him and instead he sort of wobbled, looked around in a very confused manner, and then walked off. Many of the chickens were laying in the sheep's wool, which was odd. There was also this grown goat that reeeeaaly liked attention and if, while someone was petting him, ANY other animal came close, he would head-butt them, haha. It was great. He went after a chicken who just happened to walk too closely. It was great. I don't like chickens. Then in the rest of the petting zoo the animals were in individual cages. They had rabbits, chickens, ducks, weird other birds, the BIGGEST pig I have ever seen, a pony, and.....A LAMA! We played with him for quite some time. They are scary, let me tell you. I can try to explain that experience via voice-communication if any of you would like sometime. I have pictures. Fab.

Outside the petting zoo was the horse corral where they kept the horses and ponies for pony rides. They had...

A ZONKEY! It's true. On my computer this picture doesn't show up really well...but it's half zebra, half donkey! It was fabulous.

Anywho...I'll finish up with pumpkin shooting. They were basically giant potato guns. You could purchase a basket of the mini pumpkins and then you'd stand in line (the reason we only watched. The line was crizazy) and then you could shoot the mini pumpkins at these GIANT targets which were cut outs of bats, ghosts, and the biggest in the middle was a jack-o-lantern. There was also an old car and some poles and stuff. We sat and watched for quite some time. The funniest part was there was this group of friends who decided it was more fun to aim to shoot these pumpkins over the giant netting that was behind the targets. They would let out a giant cheer every time. It was hilarious :-)

Oh how I love fall :-)

1 comment:

  1. oh my heck! if there were enough time I would try to be a Zonkey for halloween! nuff said.

    ReplyDelete