Monday, February 22, 2010

Few and Far Between

I know I'm not a consistant blogger, but this one will make up for it.


Shall we just say I'm the queen of missed connections. First (and the less amazing of my two stories) I am a regular at an Indian restaurant here in Modesto. There is this attractive waiter there who's always been pretty flirty but subtley. Then, about a week ago, when he brought my debit card and receipt back to our table, he said "I'm just gonna need your signiture and your phone number" I didn't think anything of it because sometimes you have to put your number on your checks...didn't think of the fact that I've never had to do that there. Cece, my friend from work, started laughing and he sheepishly laughed too, so I caught on and ended up not leaving my number. I mean...shoot, that stuff doesn't happen to me, it caught me off guard! Haha. So yesterday I went back for the first time since then with my friend Alyssa. The waiter was there again, and though he wasn't our waiter, he kept peeking around the corner at our table. I was sad, though, because they got very busy w/ a birthday party and when I went up to pay, I said "wow you guys are crazy busy" (cuz he hadn't been as friendly as normal) and his response...(in his cute little Indian accent "yes...you are right." THAT WAS IT! I was so devistated. We got outside and Alyssa said "oh you broke his poor heart!" and proceeded to laugh at me. I felt so bad. I mean, I wouldn't mind if he had my number! I was just surprised and didn't leave it. Maybe one of these days when I return, I'll get brave and leave it w/out him asking. We'll see...

Story number two...which would have been perfect had the ending been a tad different. So on Saturday morning I went to the gym. Yet again, I locked my keys in my car, however it was warm out, so I had the window cracked. So I went back inside and got a hanger from the girl at the front desk. Unfortunately, while trying to manuver the hanger to reach the lock or the window crank, I dropped it inside...yes. So I got a string of bags (like how the produce bags are all attached unless you tear them apart) from the locker room. I got it hooked onto the window crank, and then found out if you pulled up, it closed the window, so I would need to push to accomplish anything. Bags = no help. Yuck. So I got my gym bag and worked the straps around the window crank and was attempting to get my fingers in and pull on it in a direction that would open the window when I hear a guy say, "hey do you need a hand?" I look up and the most beautiful man in all of Modesto is walking towards me. We're talking Grey's Anatomy doctor cute. He looked like Adam Rodriguez. If you don't know who that is....

Beautiful. Yes. My current #1 hottie of hollywood. So imagine this man walking up to you. I, of course, say yes please! Haha. After several attempts and rummaging through his truck for things to help, he finally found an old antenna and bent the tip so that he could pop the trunk lever on the floor inside my car. I said, "omg, thank you so much for your help!" He said, "ya, no problem!" and I proceeded to crawl through my trunk into the car and he walked back to his truck!!! Do you see the problem here?! No name or phone number exchanging!!!! How badly do I kick myself?! Let's just say if I was literally kicking my tush would be multi-colored. Gorgeous. Stupid. Don't you even worry, I definitely checked the missed connections section on Craigslist later on Saturday...but nothing. Perhaps I'll check again ;o) Le sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Too bad neither of us would be gutsy or smooth enough to say "can I buy you a cup of coffee to say thanks?" Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounded like it was going to be a fairy tale, I hope it will have an ending. You'll probably run into eachother, Serendipity style. I will await that post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you posted this a month ago, but I just now read it... and I loved it. :) Besides the sad part of not knowing the hot guy's name, I love that you crawled into your car through your trunk. Hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete